The township contracts with Clarke Environmental Mosquito Control
each year to attempt to reduce the mosquito outbreak. Fortunately, many neighboring towns also take measures to aggressively combat mosquitoes, which enhances the effectiveness of our efforts.
For information regarding the schedule for mosquito spraying in your area, call Clarke Mosquito Abatement at (800) 942-2555 and add your name to the Resident Notification List. By doing so, you will receive a call notifying you on when spraying will occur in your area. Residents may also report standing water at this number.
New this year: Get alerts via text message or email. Sign up online at www.clarkeportal.com/hotline.
Tips to Make your Yard Mosquito Proof
- Remove old tires, tin cans, bucket or any water holding containers.
- Fill in or drain any low places (puddles, ruts) in yard
- Keep drains, ditches and culverts clear of weeds and trash so water drains properly
- Cover trash containers to keep out rain water
- Repair leaky pipes and outside faucets
- Empty plastic wading pools at least once a week and store indoors when not in use
- Make sure your backyard pool is properly cared for while on vacation
- Fill in tree rot holes and hollow stumps with sand or concrete
- Change water in bird baths and plant trays at least once each week
- Keep grass cut short and shrubbery well-trimmed so adult mosquitoes will not hide there