Plainfield Township contracts with Clarke to provide our community with mosquito control services. Clarke’s Customer Portal allows residents in our community to sign-up to receive advance treatment notifications by email or text before a night-time mosquito control treatment is provided, as well as report nuisance mosquito activity and standing water sites. Interested residents may sign up at www.clarkeportal.com.
Residents who prefer to sign-up for treatment notifications and report nuisance mosquito activity and standing water sites via phone may do so by calling Clarke’s Resident Hotline at 800-942-2555.
Get alerts via text message or email. Sign up online at www.clarkeportal.com/hotline.
Tips to Make your Yard Mosquito Proof
- Remove old tires, tin cans, bucket or any water holding containers.
- Fill in or drain any low places (puddles, ruts) in yard
- Keep drains, ditches and culverts clear of weeds and trash so water drains properly
- Cover trash containers to keep out rain water
- Repair leaky pipes and outside faucets
- Empty plastic wading pools at least once a week and store indoors when not in use
- Make sure your backyard pool is properly cared for while on vacation
- Fill in tree rot holes and hollow stumps with sand or concrete
- Change water in bird baths and plant trays at least once each week
- Keep grass cut short and shrubbery well-trimmed so adult mosquitoes will not hide there