Plainfield Township Youth Excellence Scholarship Application
Thank you for applying for a Plainfield Township Youth Excellence Scholarship. Each fiscal year, Plainfield Township offers various college scholarships up to $1,000. Please read the following information carefully. If you have any questions, please email Trustee Matthew C. Starr at email@example.com.
Eligibility for College Scholarship (applications accepted January 1st – March 1st each year):
- Must be a graduating high school senior with a cumulative GPA of at least 4.00 on a 5.00 scale.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and resident of Plainfield Township.
- Must submit two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, local officials, or business people.
- Must submit official high school transcript.
- Must submit a cover letter and completed application form by specified deadline.
- Must plan to enroll as a full-time undergraduate student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree.
- The deadline for this application and all required documents for the college scholarships is March 1st. Application must be postmarked by no later than March 1st. Late applications will not be considered.
- Applicant must meet all the eligibility criteria (stated above) before applying.
- All parts of the application must be typed or written in black ink legibly.
- The Plainfield Township Scholarship Committee will review all applications, conduct interviews with finalists, and will make its recommendations to the Plainfield Township Board. Recommendations for the college scholarships will be made by the May Board Meeting. Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants chosen to receive scholarships will be notified of the decision.
- Cover Letter: Student must submit a cover letter.
- Application: All parts of the application must be completed, and the applicant must sign and date the application.
- Transcripts: Applicants must submit an official high school transcript indicating most recent academic history.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: Applicant must submit two letters of recommendation.
Disclaimer: The children/dependents of any Plainfield Township elected official or township-employed staff (including the Assessor’s Office and Highway Department) are ineligible to apply for any scholarship funds.